Things You Need To Know To Walk In Victory
THE RULES OF SPIRITUAL
"Ten Things to Remember about Spiritual Warfare:"
1. We will never outgrow spiritual warfare--- we simply must learn to fight.
2. Failure is not an event, it's only an opinion.
3. Failure cannot happen in your life without your permission.
4. Struggle is the proof that you have not been defeated.
5. You can never win a spiritual battle by logic but only by faith, patience and love.
6. Spiritual warfare always surrounds the birth of a miracle.
7. No one has been a loser longer than the devil.
8. Never speak words that might make the devil think he's winning.
9. The only power the devil has over you is deception ; that is, whatever power you let him talk you into giving him.
10. Those unwilling to lose never do. Make up your mind that you will not be defeated and you will not quit.
To these we can now add:
11. We must always be clothed in our spiritual armor. (Ephesians 6:11)
12. We must always keep in mind that a person who seems to be our problem is not the real problem. The spirit or spirits who are controlling that personare the real problem. We must still love the one the devil is using against us and pray for him or her. (Ephesians 6:12; Matthew 5:44)
13. Fear, worry and anxiety are the result of believing what the devil is saying rather than what God says. They negate faith. (Matthew 8:24-26)
14. Don't even listen to Satan. He's the "Father of Lies". (John 8:44)
15. There is nothing you have ever done which God cannot forgive if you repent and ask His forgiveness. You are saved by grace. (Romans 3:23-24; Ephesians 2:8-9)
16. The battle is not yours, but God's. You just have to keep focused on God while the devil is doing everything he can to get your focus off of God. (1 Samuel 17:47; 2 Chronicles 20:15)
17. Praising the Lord is one of the most effective weapons we have in spiritual warfare. (2 Chronicles 20:21)
18. Much of spiritual warfare involves battling our own flesh for "the flesh lusts against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another." (Galatians 5:17) The Holy Spirit will help us control our flesh.
19. The best defense against spiritual warfare is to walk in the fruits of the Spirit so as to leave no door open to lust, greed or pride. (Galatians 5:16, 22-23)
20. Success in spiritual warfare is a matter of attitude- an attitude of trusting and following God; never doubting Him-- an attitude of obedience to God's word. (Proverbs 3:5-6) We might also add that the devil does not fight fair. But that's all right because it's not a fair fight-- we have the Holy Spirit and all the weapons if we'll just remember to use them.